Drie- Stokkies Rules
A Running and Jumping Game
The game was played in rural communities from the Western Cape, Northern Cape, Eastern Cape and Free State.
The game can be played on a grass turf, tarmac surf and sand.
A team consists of 6 players, 3 Boys and 3 Girls and will complete against another team of the same amount of players.
An athlete that wants to participate in this game should have the ability to get maximum lift from the grass to jump over the Sticks.
3 Round colourful Gymnastics Sticks of 1,5m long
4 White Flags and 4 Red Flags
10 pieces of normal thin Rope of 3 Metres long and small pegs (15) with a plastic hammer.
How to play the Game
1. The three Sticks are placed one meter from each other on the grass.
2. Players of the two team’s line up, Run and start to jump:
The players should only step once between the sticks
The golden Rules are: when a player jumps between the sticks he/She is not allowed to touch the sticks with thier foot.
The Players ARE ALSO NOT ALLOWED TO DO A DOULBLE STEP BETWEEN THE Sticks.
3. The player from the team that jump the last (Stretcher) should jump to reach the furthest point with his jump. Where that player stop the last stick needs to move to where his heal land.
4. Now the team starts from the other side to jump and the same sequence should be followed.
5. The game continues till the last 2 finalist are over.
The Player that won the competition, his/her team will go through to the next Round.
Measurements from the middle stick to the end Stick will determent a first place, second place and a third place.
The game requires the following Technical Officials.
Head Umpire with 4 Technical Officials.
The Score Card is as follows:
Drie Stokkies Score Card
Name of Participant Elimination Colum(X) Finalist Distance
The Head umpires toss a coin to decide who will jump first.
He blows his whistle and the jumpers start.
Code of Conduct
Abusive language may not be used during playing time.
Fighting is not allowed.
A player will be sent off for threatening or fighting with officials or other players.
A team will be disqualified if they miss a match.
The game stops when the last player completed his Jump.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.